Your Doctor will say “no.” But is this the right question?
This is what the CDC says on their website about the flu shot- Starting with the most serious “Side Effects”, and most rare, but you should know the risk:
- Remote chance of a vaccine causing a serious injury or death. (In 2014 – 122 reported deaths 388 reported life-threatening cases in the US)
- There may be a small increased risk of Guillain-Barré Syndrome (GBS) after inactivated flu vaccine. (100,000 cases annually) This illness is one of the complications of flu, however the vaccine actually increases the risk.
- Young children who get the flu shot might have a seizure caused by fever. (About one in 25 kids under age 5 get a febrile seizure)
- People sometimes faint. (More Teen Girls Faint After Vaccination)
- Severe pain in the shoulder and have difficulty moving the arm where a shot was given.
- Severe allergic reaction.